- Why someone was possessed to compose the name Judius Maximus on the fridge in magnetic letters? (You probably would like to know why we have magnetic letters on our fridge in a childless home but hey!)
- Why the new brand of lemon ‘flavoured’ washing up liquid smells like cherry cough sweets?
- Why duvet covers eat other clothes in the washing machine?
- Why the spellchecker on WordPress believes that both ‘half’ and ‘accept’ are not real words? (Yes, I actually did have to paranoidly look them both up just in case it was me that was cracking up not it).
- Why on earth I still can’t hear (and therefore always misuse) the difference between ‘then’ and ‘than’? (You don’t have to go and squint hard at my posts now please!)
- Why when I decided to chuck a whole extra dose of bleaching fluid in the white wash there was a black T-shirt in there for some reason?
- Why the said black T-shirt didn’t bleach at all?
Why, why, why. Maybe we shouldn’t have lost the habit of asking this important question. I guess the problem is that we stop asking it of the profound and just get bogged down in the mundane. But those are the things that have made my mind boggle this weekend.